Sunday, June 19, 2011

Freedom

Ever care about what others think of you?


Well, it has been a definite struggle of mine... and it is a form of bondage.  It can overtake your actions, thoughts, and interfere with your ability to live freely in the Lord's love and mercy.  I know many others (myself included) have a hard time admitting that they deal with this struggle - but it is more common than you think.  Living day-to-day with a "people pleasing" attitude is tiring, and unfulfilling.  


One verse that struck a chord in me comes from Galatians 1:10: 
"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ."


Wow. This is serious stuff.  The fear of man is a form of idolatry.  


I do not have any elaborate answer to on how to overcome this people pleasing mindset but there is a Hope we have to cling to and a God who is powerful enough to transform any heart or mind.  Lay this at His feet.  Let Him free you from bondage. 


Quote from John Piper's Desiring God Blog
" Don’t care much about whether your family and friends and acquaintances and enemies know what you are really like.  Be true, be real, be humble, and let the Lord settle the matter in the end."




                                     Live in freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment