Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The beginning of this journey...

Well, I'm going to start off by being honest with y'all.  I signed up for this blog in May 2010.  As you can tell, I never got around to really starting it.  Here I am today and I never thought this day would actually come.  Me? Writing on my blog?  Crazy, I know.  Like I stated in my "about me" I get a thrill from reading others' blogs - so I decided to go ahead and join the bloggers...  


I've been sitting here contemplating what to write and I thought I would begin by sharing a quote that has been on my heart this past month.  It comes from the ever-so-wonderful Beth Moore.  My mother sent it to me a few months ago and I recently printed it out and tacked it onto my wall.  


It reads: 
"Your God has called you to use that mouth of yours
For His great glory...don't just add to the noise
Become a real woman...who opens her mouth with wisdom
God wants the Law of Kindness on your tongue and the Love of Christ in your heart
Never forget:
Kindness is not a weakness
When you're wearing down...head to Christ & His people & let them build you back up
Always remember:
His yoke is KIND
Make sure...it's the only yoke you wear
Let the One who led you here lead you on with cord of kindness
Now, get out there and build a welcoming fire 
In a cold world, live by the Law of Kindness"


How powerful is that?  I don't know about y'all (especially us women) but this isn't always easy. We live in a cold & broken world...how can we love & be kind to everyone? I'm preaching to myself when I say this but we are called to love like this - no matter what the circumstance.  It can be so easy to get caught up in negative thoughts towards others but, that is what the enemy is scheming towards and we have to flee from it and stand firm. So...I'm challenging myself and y'all to live by the Law of Kindness  this week. Ready - go! 

1 comment:

  1. Ash--this is so neat. Being intentional and choosing words carefully goes a long way--even when it's tempting to speak up for yourself or validate yourself.

    This blog is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete